Hong Kong travel guide, information, what to see

hong kong map
hong kong map

Travel guide in Hong Kong, practical news and events in the region located on the south coast of China.

Hong Kong in brief

  • Capital: Victoria
  • Surface area in square kilometers: 1,108
  • Population: 7,008,300
  • Religion: 90% Buddhist, Taoist and Confucian. The remaining 10% is made up of a majority of Christians, and in part by Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs and Jews.

Where is it

Hong Kong is located on the southern coast of China and is washed by the South China Sea. The region is formed from the island of the same name, for over 200 surrounding islands, the Kowloon Peninsula and the New Territories. From 1841 to 1997 she was a British colony from 1997 was returned to China and became a Special Administrative Region of the PRC, with a commitment for 50 years to maintain the economic and social system. Its territory is mostly hilly, the major findings are the Tai Mo Shan, 957 meters above sea level and the Lantau Peak, 934 meters above sea level, located on Lantau Island, the largest of the islands.

Climate

The climate is sub-tropical with fairly high temperatures throughout the year. The influence of the southwest monsoon, a wind equatorial hot and humid, causing rainfall from spring to summer. In autumn the weather is quite dry and warm in the winter the weather is cool and dry. The typhoon season covers the months from June to September.

Population

The population consists of a majority of Chinese.

Time zone

UTC/GMT +8 hours

Language

The official languages ​​are Chinese and English.

Economy

The economy is based mainly on international trade. The leading sectors are banking and tourism. Hong Kong is one of the international financial centers and is a very important place for banking groups and for the industry.

When you go to Hong Kong

The best months to visit Hong Kong are October, November and most of December.

Travel Documents

– Passport: at least six months before expiration.
– A visa if your nationality is required to have one.

Phone

Calling Code: 00852

Electricity

The supply electricity in Hong Kong is 220V 50 Hz.

Currency

The Hong Kong dollar is the currency of Hong Kong.

What to see in Hong Kong

Its main centers are Victoria and Kowloon, there are important industries and is a free port for goods of international importance. Victoria, located in the northern part, is the heart of Hong Kong, where stands the Victoria Peack, from where you can enjoy a beautiful view of the bay and on the southern side of the island you can see Aberdeen, the charming cove that a once housed the boats of the poor in Hong Kong (Sampan), who lived on their boats, forming a floating city .Now the few boats remaining are in use for tourism. The commercial heart of the city is located in the Peninsula Kow loon with shops of all kinds, bars, restaurants etc. Overnight Hong Kong is colored with colored lights very bright and kicks off the night life in the myriad of venues of all types.

Booking.com

Loading...