Montenegro: tourist guide with places to visit and see
Information for visiting Montenegro, where it is, neighboring states and places of interest to see the main attractions not to be missed.
Travel Guide Montenegro
Montenegro is a country newly established, is located in the Balkan Peninsula and borders Serbia, Kosovo, Albania, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, overlooking the Adriatic Sea. Its territory consists mainly of mountains that are part of the Dinaric Alps, by a narrow coastal plains and a plain north of Lake Skadar, around Podgorica.
The steep mountain Montenegrins are karst, the water disappears into the rock and then reappears somewhere else forming lakes and streams. Deep valleys carved by rivers and reservoirs from the sea, are the Bay of Kotor, Kotor in Serbian, they do look like this coast to the Norwegian fjords. The creeks penetrate the coast, surrounded by the slopes of the mountains Lovcen and Vrmac and the National Park Lovcen and Orjen, creating a spectacular natural environment.
Places to visit in Montenegro
– Risan, located in the bay of the same name is the oldest city in the Gulf, was founded in the fourth century BC by the Illyrians, and a precious heritage.
– Kondor, the main city of the region has a rich and interesting historical center enclosed by walls, the result of the meeting of cultures from east and west.
– The ancient city of Budva, of Greek and Roman art, is on a small peninsula along the Montenegrin coast, his past is also characterized by the uniqueness of its location on the border between the Roman Empire of the West and of the East . The town presents itself surrounded by a wall dating back to the Middle Ages, includes a charming old town and its shores offer beautiful beaches with a wide tourist offer.
– The sandy beach of Becici, located about 2 km from Budva towards the village of Petrovac, is among the most renowned beaches of Montenegro.
– At about 5 kilometers south of Budva is Sveti Stefan, once a small village located on a small island connected to the mainland, today luxurious and exclusive hotel complex.
– Near Sveti Stefan is another beautiful beach town, Milocer, which boasts beautiful beaches of fine gravel, and a diverse and interesting botanical garden.
– Among other beach resorts on the Montenegrin coast renowned for travel and holidays are distinguished, Njivice, Bijela, Herceg Novi, Bar, Ulcinj.