San Diego: visit the town that bears the name of a boat
What to see in San Diego, attractions and main monuments, tour places of interest to visit, from the windy beaches districts and Balboa Park.
Travel Guide San Diego
San Diego, overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Southern California near the Mexican border, is the capital of the county and number of inhabitants is one of the top ten cities in the United States of America. The city is one of the largest military bases of the Navy and the US Marines in the Pacific.
San Diego is above all an excellent resort, favored by a mild climate even in winter, and characterized by long and pristine beaches lapped by the waves of the ocean.
The beach is an environment that has a strong influence on the lives of the residents of San Diego, so as to determine a way of life. The sea is more suitable for surfing than swimming, on the beach you can read a book, watch a sunset, or engage in some sporting activity.
The first European navigators who arrived in this area were Portuguese and Spanish who gave the city the name of one of their boats.
What to see in San Diego
– Gaslamp Quarter, a neighborhood of restored buildings dating back to the 1870s, where there are bars, restaurants, galleries and wrought-iron lamps which give the district a special historic atmosphere.
– Embarcadero, the old port of San Diego, a pleasant place, with old boats moored at the Maritime Museum.
– Balboa Park, a large park, which includes extensive green spaces, theaters, museums, a zoo of international fame and many sports.
– Old Town, is the place where the first settlement was built in the Spanish Civil California, where he is the first home in San Diego, is an area given to tourism.
– Hotel del Coronado, Coronado is located in suburban and it is a wooden building architecturally very extravagant. In the fifties in this hotel, which opened in 1888, were filmed some scenes of the film “Some Like It Hot” starring Marilyn Monroe.
– Sea World, a famous marine park where you can also attend to aquatic shows that animal protagonists.
– La Jolla is a wealthy residential area where the predominant architecture in Mediterranean style, where among other things the University of San Diego. A 5 km from the center is the San Diego International Airport. To move to the center is very convenient subway service commonly called trolley.