Seattle trip, useful information and what to see
Useful information for vacation in Seattle, where he is, climate, economy and attractions with the main attractions not to be missed.
Travel Guide Seattle
Seattle is the largest city in the Pacific Northwest region of the US, geographically located in the State of Washington between Puget Sound, overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and Lake Washington, located about 154 km south of the border with Canada. Commonly this city is nicknamed the Emerald City, translated in Italian “Emerald City”, as it is surrounded by an area full of evergreen trees.
The climate of Seattle is quite mild. As for the economy must be remembered that in Seattle there are industries that Boeing subsequently transferred its business centers in Chicago, but keeping in this area the majority of its production plants.
It ‘also the Microsoft, a manufacturer of computer programs for PC, which has been the focus, together with other companies operating in the fields of telecommunications and the Internet, including Amazon and RealNetworks, the remarkable economic development took place in the 90s around to new technologies. There are many famous and coffee industries located in Seattle, and among them there are Starbucks, Seattle’s Best Coffee and Tully’s.
Things to do in Seattle
Seattle became famous also as regards music as well as being the birthplace of Jimi Hendrix, has also become the home of grunge music thanks to groups like Nirvana, Mudhoney, Alice in Chains, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden . Seattle is also frequently considered the birthplace of musicagrunge and in this regard it should be remembered the famous Metallica concert held in 1989.
– Seattle Center, group of buildings built at exhibitions held worldwide in 1962, with its modern, future-oriented architectures has maintained an even current.
– Space Needle, considered the symbol of the city, is a construction of the Seattle Center in the form of a missile with a height of 180 meters above the ground, which is home to a restaurant at the top where you can admire a splendid view of the city.
– Pike Place Market, is more than a century a meeting point for citizenship with sale of local handicrafts and typical food products.
– Capitol Hill, is a very characteristic district where there are craft shops and artists’ studios.
– Quenn Anne, historic neighborhood of Seattle characterized by red brick houses contrasting with huge buildings, is one of the most beautiful spots to see the city from above.